Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dead Fujitsu-Seimens Laptop- Revived

Hi folks!

Got another job order from a seaman yesterday. He wanted me to check on his laptop with the ff. specification:


  • Fujitsu-Seimens Laptop
  • AMD Sempron
  • 1 GB DDR2 (2 x 512MB)
  • 80 GB HDD

My diagnostic on the PC was its motherboard got a problem. The PCs condition when I first turn it on were:

  • Power LED turn on
  • HDD LED turn on for ahwile then got no response
  • No POST Beeps
  • No Display on the LCD screen

So, I suggest to the client that I will just bring the unit so that I can open it and visually inspect the components inside.

At home, I open the back cover and I was able to access the areas on the memory card, wireless adapter and the CPU. The first conponent I tried to check was the memory card. I removed the 2 cards then turn-on the PC and I still cant hear any beep codes. I tried to insert another card and nothing happens. When I tried to swap the two cards, I got a positive results. The PC turned on and enter its Windows XP operating system. I had just confirmed the defective memory card so I replaced it with another 512MB to have a better performance.

"Patience is a Virtue"

lucky,

-nak

No comments:

Post a Comment