Saturday, June 20, 2009

IBM Thinkpad L40 Display Problem

I was asked by a friend to check on an IBM Thinkpad T40. The laptop is owned by an NBI Agent whos complaining about its display problem. Sometimes, it starts well and then the screen “blackens”. When I checked the laptop and perform several test, I encountered beep codes, one long beep and two short beeps. These beep codes means a display error according to Phoenix BIOS codes.

My action then was to dis assemble the laptop and try tohave a visual inspection inside. Since the problem is more on the hardware component. I tried to press the IC’s inside it for a possible “chip creep”, specifically the one that concerned the display problem. As I assemble it back again, I also make sure that it is properly done (i.e. I took my time).

When I turned on the laptop, it works fine. In order to make sure that the problem was solved, I perform several test. The next day returned the laptop for free of service believing on the concept of reciprocation. Anyway, I have an add on on my experience.

reagards,

-nak
http://ronaldctantiado.googlepages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment