Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sharp PC-MC30F Mebius Laptop Power Problem

Hello Guys!

Here’s another problem on PC and Laptop Repair. This time, a cellphone technician was referred to me by a friend check his Sharp PC-MC30F Mebius for a power problem. He is complaining on an unpredictable power failure on his laptop. When I checked and turned on the laptop, It doesn’t turn on with the battery on it. So I tried to plug it in without the battery, and it powered up.

I tried to enter the BIOS setup and see some specification of the laptop. I was also to enter the Windows XP system and run dxdiag and device manager. After a short while the laptop shut down. I also notice that if I put some pressure on the keyboard or the palm rest the same thing happens. The laptop specification is shown below.

DXDIAG Results:
System Model: PC-CL/MC
Processor: Mobile AMD Athlon XP-M 2000+, 1.7 GHz
Memory: 1 GB DDR400 RAM
Video: S3 Graphics Pro Savage DDR, 32MB
Audio: C-Media Wave Device

The symptoms, i guess, maybe a shorted power circuit. So I decided my first action to disassemble the laptop and perform visual inspection inside. I recorded my steps and photographed the FRU’s as I perform the procedure. Just making sure that I will be doing the right thing because I can’t find any manual of the said laptop model.
Right now I’m still continuing my test and diagnostic procedure… and I willjust edit this last line as soon as there is a progress.

Good Luck to ME,
-nak
http://ronaldctantiado.googlepages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment